Welcome to EFFA
About EFFAThe European Flavour Association was established in 1961 as "Bureau de Liaison des Syndicats Européens des Produits Aromatiques". In 1991 however, it changed its name and was then known as the European Flavour and Fragrance Association (EFFA).
2009 saw EFFA change its scope to focus only on flavourings. The principle reasons for this decision were twofold: The need for a more flavour-specific advocacy approach, and the increasing number of challenges facing the flavour industry.
EFFA's members are essentially flavouring companies that manufacture or blend flavours within the countries of the European Economic Area, comprising national associations from across the European Union, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) as well as those countries that have applied for EU-membership.
EFFA's mission is to protect and enhance the flavour industry's interests for the common benefit of its members and partners. Its objectives are the following:
- To promote and support a consistent European-wide strategy on flavour issues;
- To monitor flavour-related EU legislation;
- To stimulate, coordinate and monitor best practice in regulatory, safety, technical and scientific issues;
- To create networks and alliances with other European Associations;
- To coordinate approved European work streams and projects;
- To provide coordination and communication between members.
At global level, EFFA is a member of the International Organization of the Flavor Industry (IOFI).